Happy Friday Angels! TGIFF (Thank Goodness It’s Fitness Friday)!
I’ve got a yummy recipe for you this week from the amazing, Kristen, from UpLift Fitness. She was kind enough to makes this for me on Wednesday for our weekly lunch! Not only does it taste great but it’s filling.
Here is what you are going to need!
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1lb turkey sausage
- 8oz mushroom
- 1 pack frozen edamame
- 1 pack frozen mix vegetables (I used gumbo mix)
- 1tsp evoo
- 1 red onion
- 1tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp Rosemary
1. Pre heat oven to 400.
2. Boil roughly chopped sweet potatoes. Cook until soft. Once soft drain water then add to food processor along with 3 cloves garlic and 1/4 cup chicken stock. Process until smooth. (Might have to add more stock to help do this)
3. In a large sauté pan brown turkey. Once cooked transfer to bowl and set aside. In heated pan add oil and onion. Sauté for 1 minutes then add mushrooms and the rest of the garlic. Sauté 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper and all frozen veggies along with seasoning, Worcester sauce, 1/2 cup stock, and turkey. Mix well and let simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Spray oven safe baking dish. Spread meat mixture evenly in dish. Top with mashed sweet potatoes and spread smooth. Sprinkle top with paprika.
5. Bake 20 minutes and potatoes are golden. Let cool 10 minutes and serve warm.
Quick, easy, simple, HEALTHY!