#TGIFF (Thank God It’s Fitness Friday) loves!
You guys are in for a real treat. I was lucky enough to have this made for me by the amazing Kristen from UpLift Fitness. Two words: Mouth Watering. You can make it with pasta or rice if you like but since I’m trying to stick to a low carb diet, I just ate it as is. I honestly didn’t miss the carbs.
Here is the recipe:
Tuscan chicken skillet
- 2T evoo
- 1lb chicken breast
- 1tsp salt/pepper
- 1tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 can cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 (15oz) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (6oz) cans tomato paste
1. Chop chicken breast then season with salt and pepper. Heat 1T evoo in large skillet or sauce pan over med-high heat. Add chicken and brown chicken. Once meat is cooked though remove from heat and set aside on plate.
2. Add remaining evoo to warm skillet. Add mushroom, garlic, and chopped onion. Sautéed till veggies are soft.
3. Stir in roasted peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and beans. Combine completely till looks like a sauce. Once mixture starts to bubble add chicken back to skillet and mix in.
4. Cool covered for 10 minutes and serve hot over pasta (I used GF) or handful of baby spinach and arugula.
Easy, simple, delicious! Enjoy Angels.
Let me know in the comments if you made and how you liked it.