Happy Fitness Friday loves! It’s the first Friday of March and I have a recipe that will knock your socks off! All of Kristen from UpLift Fitness recipes are nothing short of amazing but this one blew me away. I’m not the biggest fan of meatloaf but this one was actually very tasty and satisfying (Evan really liked it too). The kicker, it’s Turkey ground! Healthy, yummy, and satisfying. That how we roll.
Here is the recipe to try for yourself.
- 1 lb ground turkey (extra lean 96%)
- 1lb ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze to remove extra moisture)
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 2 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used GF)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt/ pepper to taste
- 1/2 Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- 2 large red bell peppers cut into rings
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Line large baking sheet with foil and spray generously.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
Once combined stuff into centers of pepper ring gently. Try not to tear ring.
3. Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Greene bottom. Place meat and peppers and cook each side for 3-5 minutes locking in juices.
4. After both sides have been browned place rings into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes and middle is cooked completely sure enjoy warm.
Enjoy Angels. Let me know how you liked it in the comments Happy Eating!