Written by: Kristen from UpLift Fitness
Over the years potatoes have gotten a bad rap. But did you know if eaten in healthy portions (like everything else) they actual have some huge health benefits. With a vast array of vitamins, potatoes have been proven to increase bone and heart health. This is especially true when it comes to blood pressure, which is due to the high amounts of potassium they contain.
Potassium is also key to muscle contractions, making the potato a great addition to your post-workout meal. Try this recipe next time you’re looking for quick, healthy muscle fuel!
Try this recipe next time you're looking for quick, healthy muscle fuel! Click To TweetRoasted sweet peppers and fingerling potatoes:
- 2lbs fingerling potatoes
- 3 cups sweet pepper
- Purple onion
- Cooking spray (I used avocado oil)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. As oven heats roughly slice sweet peppers, onions and cut fingerlings into thin crescents.
3. After spraying baking dish well add peppers, onions, and potatoes. Spray down veggies with oil to coat well and then season with salt, pepper, and garlic to your liking.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until peppers and potatoes are starting to crisp. Enjoy!!!