I know you clicked on this and expected me to say the cliche statements (this year has gone by so fast, I can’t believe it’s 2017….blah, blah, blah) but no way, I’m not going to do this. What I will say is, I hope you have thought about it and have set your own 2017 goals. It’s so important to write them down, reflect, and keep it somewhere you can see it so it stays fresh in your mind. It’s also important to have a plan to achieve them all. Easier said than done, right? You can do it. I believe you can achieve anything you put your mind to.
Have you set your goals for 2017? Click To Tweet
To give you some inspiration and let you into my world, here are some of my goals for 2017.
- Have a baby by the end of the year or at least be pregnant. I know, I don’t have much control over this important goal (That’s why it’s first). Still, there are things I need to do to help make this a reality. So yes, it’s a goal to me.
- Take a vacation overseas. This is one for my husband also. I know he wants to take a real vacation somewhere, not just happen to be there because the military sent him.
- More date nights with Evan. I thought we did ok this year with going out. Of course, I’d love to do more. Not just dinner and movie but going to events and festivals in the area.
- Volunteer. I have to think about this one a bit but I want to volunteer and help animals or the elderly. This also includes doing more walk/runs that will raise awareness and money for good organizations. I also want to do more for my husband’s squadron.
- Whole 30 the first 30 days of the new year. I heard about this from Evan’s cousin while in town and I’m intrigued. I think it’s a great way to jump start a healthy eating regimen. I was thinking of doing a carb free diet suggested by my fertility doctor but I’m going to give this a try instead. Just seems healthier to me. Click here if you want to find out more.
- Budget better and keep doing our budget meetings. You guys, if you aren’t having a conversation about money with your spouse every month, you need to start doing this now. It’s changed how we see money and handle it together. Don’t know where to start? Give Every Dollar a try!
- Perform and Sing more. I was so baby focused in 2016 that I forgot to have some fun. Singing backup on a song for a friend’s album reminded me how much I loved being in the studio and performing. I’m hoping to work more with him and do other fun projects this year.
- Keep growing and working hard on this blog. I’ve had the pleasure of guest blogging and working with some amazing brands. I want to do more in 2017. I’m excited to see how far I can go. It’s also important to keep reaching out to my TTC sisters and my military community. I’m thinking of starting a Facebook group where I can connect one-on-one with you all.
- And last, but not least, keep my goal to read at least 1 book a month. I know I keep bring up Audibles but guys, it’s really going to keep me on track this year to reach this goal. I don’t read enough, not by a long shot but listening, I can do that. So many great books I feel like I’m missing out. My mother-in-law approves this goal and told me about Goodreads. You can see what your friends and other people are reading and even write a review. I’m so going to rock this in 2017.
So tell me, what are some of your 2017 goals?
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like: